[SUGGESTION] Reduce OD to 15% Max and ban fake claims!

[SUGGESTION] Reduce OD to 15% Max and ban fake claims!
Kujtim Guga
145 posts / 98 likes

My next suggestion is to reduce the over-delivery to a maximum of 15% and stop fake claims.

Here are some facts why we should do that:

• Perceived value: seeing ridiculous over delivery promise just to make a sale it looks the same as selling the lowest price possible…
  • Buyers Expectations: When solo ads started there was no such things as Over-delivery, with time people started to offer some OD and now buyers expect it always, if the trend continues, the buyers will always have higher expectations. (An exception for new sellers can be made, i.e they can offer their more OD on their first 20-30 orders to get some traction)
  • It’s not viable long term business: Sure you can make some sales now but if more and more people start doing the same, very soon it will be impossible to make profit, let alone long term.
  • Stop/Ban fake claims: The most common claim is “Buyers list”. For god's sake this is more fake than the fake news itself. If you have buyers list you would never have to sell at ridiculous price,offer 30-40% od and 100% t1. Just go to warriorplus.com, JvZoo and see the EPC there! That’s what a buyers list means. It gives you an $1+ epc. Udimi buyers will buy and have expectations to make sales out of a buyers list jut to find out they didn't. They end up being disappointed and don't try again.

The more quality traffic & service on Udimi, the better the long term results.

• Buyers will get quality leads to work with and most likely will come back to buy more traffic.
  • Seller will make a decent profit and be able to re-invest growing his list.
  • Udimi will be able to make revenue consistently as well

Conclusion: If we do our best to make Udimi a high quality marketplace both for sellers and buyers, there will be a lot of business to be done for years to come.

Posted 18 Jan 2019 at 12:46
James
1332  / 36
453 posts / 156 likes

Reducing over delivery limit to 15% or 25% would be fine. I think stopping claims is too difficult to enforce.

Posted 18 Jan 2019 at 14:29
William McRea
4216  / 17
406 posts / 355 likes

Another very good point. Sometimes I wonder if solo sellers even know what it cost to generate a click. I retired from my CFO job in 2004 and know all my cost. So while I offer a modest over delivery, every click I send is costing me money, and impacts both my ability to feed my leads database and what I take out of the business. Not to mention the cost of Udimi’s fees we all pay, and heck if I did not want to pay them I would not be here. So that’s cool with me. Even at .4 per click let’s say Udimi fee’s end up about .12 per click and I have to pay PayPal as well. If you are new you better learn your cost to deliver emails...to inboxes....not via spam. If you spam you won’t last long. I would think the cost would end up about .15 to .20 per click....so think about your cost If you are not making money.....simply lowering your price to make $40 bucks may be putting you out of business.

Another point I’ve done over $20 milliloin dollars in product launches on Clickbank between 2008 and 2014....my buyer leads would generate $2 - $4 cpc so why would I sell those click for .40 seriously. Now today my buyers are on my list but only after they’ve gone through my after sales funnel. I don’t do those large launches anymore but maintain my existing products. Those launches were a pain....

I run a self hosted email platform, which is a pain, but I’m not getting dropped by aweber etc. and my cost per lead is a fraction of what most people pay...you better get to know not only your cost per lead, but you cost per engaged leads. If you knew this you’d be shocked. So if someone claims to be adding 1000 leads per day....they are spending probably 1200 bucks per day to generate those leads...unless they have the skill to use data on a self hosted server. Very very few do

I wish everyone success!

Bill
Posted 18 Jan 2019 at 14:34
Jim Samgola
258  / 1
12 posts / 18 likes

Another great Idea...other wise these idiots will just over deliver 50%...should max out by 15-20%....

Guga...your a cool dude Seems like you want us all to make money! THANKS!

Posted 18 Jan 2019 at 20:27
Kujtim Guga
145 posts / 98 likes
Jim Samgola on 18 Jan 2019 at 20:27

Another great Idea...other wise these idiots will just over deliver 50%...should max out by 15-20%....

Guga...your a cool dude Seems like you want us all to make money! THANKS!

Implementing some strict rules is the only viable long term survival of our niche.

There has to be a balance.

Posted 18 Jan 2019 at 20:37
Jim Samgola
258  / 1
12 posts / 18 likes
Kujtim Guga on 18 Jan 2019 at 20:37

Implementing some strict rules is the only viable long term survival of our niche.

There has to be a balance.

Yea sometimes its like people only want to make beer money...LOL

Again I've learned not to be desperate and the business is doing better. Thanks again!

Posted 18 Jan 2019 at 20:40
Mikael
431  / 5
13 posts / 4 likes

Another great idea, 100% in favour for it.

Posted 18 Jan 2019 at 23:11
Daniel
1 post / 1 like

I also agree with this, as I'm new I feel as though offering more OD would be alright for new people like myself, but even then it should only be a MAX of maybe 20%. But like I said, I'm in favour for 15% limitation.

Posted 18 Jan 2019 at 23:16
Kujtim Guga
145 posts / 98 likes
Daniel on 18 Jan 2019 at 23:16

I also agree with this, as I'm new I feel as though offering more OD would be alright for new people like myself, but even then it should only be a MAX of maybe 20%. But like I said, I'm in favour for 15% limitation.

As I mentioned on my main text, an exception could be done for new sellers, i.e they can offer more O.D for their first 20-30 orders to get some traction :)

Posted 18 Jan 2019 at 23:17
Tony Parzakonis
72 posts / 35 likes

There has to be a limit to this crazy race to the bottom. FB is already a graveyard. In the end no one wins. Not the seller, who, unable to reinvest in their list, goes broke. Not the buyer, who just gets a lot of very low quality leads. Not the platform itself, as buyers look for better sources of traffic. The whole niche thrown under the bus for a bit of "drinking money", as they say.

Want Responsive Traffic That Converts? 95%+ T1 Traffic + Avg. 10% OD
Posted 18 Jan 2019 at 23:46
Philip Coble
2164  / 9
28 posts / 17 likes

Agreed Kujtim. The insane fake OD train has got to stop.

Posted 19 Jan 2019 at 00:06
Tony Parzakonis
72 posts / 35 likes

Traditionally, the OD was to ensure the buyer got the clicks they paid for. E.g. A buyer bought 100 clicks, so it would look rude to send just 96 because of the vagaries of click tracking/filtering, so you made sure it crossed the line for them. Since it was impossible to always cut the traffic off exactly at 100, they'd end up with a few extra clicks. Kind of an unexpected bonus, and that's how it should have stayed. Big OD's are just front-loading a huge discount on the clicks.

Yet still some buyers who contact me get upset at the already low prices! I expect they actually want 30 cent clicks, 40% OD, AND guaranteed sales. Unfortunately, such a thing exists only in a world with two Tuesdays in it.

Want Responsive Traffic That Converts? 95%+ T1 Traffic + Avg. 10% OD
Posted 19 Jan 2019 at 00:24
William McRea
4216  / 17
406 posts / 355 likes

Honestly the insane OD is nothing more then a way to sell cheap...

It tells me you are not good enough to compete in anything other than price. Many good sellers will quit this platform..some already have. That will hurt the customers and Udimi as well.

I wish success to everyone. We should compete smart

Bill
Posted 19 Jan 2019 at 02:11
Jorge Delgado
1988  / 5
5 posts / 3 likes

agree brother... OD should be around 10-20% max... OD is an optional bonus or a way to "beat" the filters so the buyer get what he/she originaly ordered only... thanks for opening the discussion.

Jorge
Posted 19 Jan 2019 at 02:46
Kresimir Klukovic
402  / 1
5 posts / 8 likes

Raising minimum to 40 cpc won't help to stop people from selling at ridiculously low prices using 30-40% OD.

OD should be limited to 10-15 % max. If not, I'm afraid sellers with good traffic will stop selling here.

Also, I agree that 'buyer list' claims should be banned, too!

Posted 19 Jan 2019 at 08:09
Maurizio Pace
3477  / 14
125 posts / 94 likes

Raising the lowest cpc to 40 cents was a great achievement and I also think that 20% could be a good rate to limit OD too. As Kujtim said there was no OD in the past and when it was done it was according to seller tracking platform not buyer one (ie. seller sent 110 clicks to try to match 100 clicks on buyers tracker to compensate some filtering). That said I think there's another thing that could be done to make the platform even better and more secure. I'm gonna open a new thread shortly about it. Stay tuned!

Posted 19 Jan 2019 at 08:18
Uncle Dimitry
627 posts / 570 likes

thanks for your opinions, folks. Will add a ticket for my techs to cap OD at 15%. Everything over 15% will bounce back to seller.

Best, Uncle Dimitry.
Posted 19 Jan 2019 at 22:27
William McRea
4216  / 17
406 posts / 355 likes
Uncle Dimitry on 19 Jan 2019 at 22:27

thanks for your opinions, folks. Will add a ticket for my techs to cap OD at 15%. Everything over 15% will bounce back to seller.

YOU ROCK!

Thanks

Bill
Posted 19 Jan 2019 at 23:33
Jen Johnston
111 posts / 62 likes
Uncle Dimitry on 19 Jan 2019 at 22:27

Thanks for being responsive; this is great thing for raising the quality standards in the Solo Ad industry. I applaud you!

Posted 20 Jan 2019 at 13:48
William McRea
4216  / 17
406 posts / 355 likes

Why are people still advertising 30-40^% over delilvery?

Bill
Posted 22 Jan 2019 at 15:05
Jen Johnston
111 posts / 62 likes
William McRea on 22 Jan 2019 at 15:05

Why are people still advertising 30-40^% over delilvery?

I've been wondering the same thing William.

Posted 22 Jan 2019 at 17:31
Go up
Go down