Problem with open rate. Want people to join my free video training

Problem with open rate. Want people to join my free video training
AndersLarsson
17 posts / 3 likes

Hey everyone.
I'm starting to worry a bit because I had everything planned out so perfectly. Instead of selling stuff directly I wanted people to get educated. So every email I'm creating is giving them a small education lesson and if they want to know more I give them the opportunity to join my free video training.

So now I'm beginning to worrying that the subject line is going to be a big problem. How can I design an interesting subject line that gets clicked without making it look like normal promotional Email swipe subject lines.

I know that my video training is good and the few people that watched my videos in previous campaigns stuck to them.

So here are some stats of what is currently happening.

I have sent to 120 people.
3 People have opened my email.

Subject line of the first email.
YouTube marketing is a Goldmine & Don't do what they say, do what they do.

No clicks.

I know subject is way to long but wanted to test it.

Subject Line of the second email:
Why do you believe online marketing is complicated?

So to wrap the question up:
How can I design my follow-ups so that they start watching my videos?

Grateful for any advice you can give me.

Posted 17 Apr 2019 at 00:13
Deepak Kulkarni
94  / 1
25 posts / 14 likes

Hi Anders, that's normal in beginning. But with time and testing, you will notice, some of your subject lines have high CTR compared to others. Similarly, you will have email swipes or body, having high CTR compared to others. So ultimately, you combine high CTR subject lines with high CTR swipes, and you will have your own unique winning combinations.

And another important thing is, all these parameters have been tested on your own email list. So, if any one tries to copy, then results will be different, as they have different set of subscribers with different interest.

Posted 17 Apr 2019 at 04:45
John O'Brien
34 posts / 14 likes

I have to agree with Deepak, it's time and testing. I've found short sharp and to the point always gives me better click rates... you need to peek their interest in as few words as you can in the subject line. Same with my follow-up emails, my whole objective is to get them to click the link in the email no long dragged out emails mine are about 100 words or less. The sales presentation then does the rest. If they are interested great... if not great.

Posted 17 Apr 2019 at 06:39
AndersLarsson
17 posts / 3 likes

Thank you guys.

What typical strategy would you use for the subject line to connect with a video training.

I have subscribed to 10-15 lists to see what people write but it is not a video training. Instead, they have their own programs and offers and nothing that makes the audience any smarter. No educational content.

I could go on testing but if you share something so that I could do my testing more logical then I would really appreciate it.

Posted 17 Apr 2019 at 07:27
Kujtim Guga
145 posts / 98 likes

Where did you bought your traffic Andres?

Posted 17 Apr 2019 at 19:44
Paolo
19 posts / 10 likes

Anders, sorry if I sound a bit harsh, but honestly the first subject is too long, I got tired to read it.

And the second subject: "Why do you believe online marketing is complicated?" it's not charming at all. How do you know that your readers think online marketing is complicated? You suppose that they actually think it's complicated, but it may not be the case. So let's say I think online marketing is easy, I won't never open your email.

This is just my opinion, but I hope this helps.

Posted 17 Apr 2019 at 19:57
AndersLarsson
17 posts / 3 likes
Kujtim Guga on 17 Apr 2019 at 19:44

Where did you bought your traffic Andres?

I bought it here from vendors that people have recommended to me.

Posted 17 Apr 2019 at 22:22
AndersLarsson
17 posts / 3 likes
Paolo on 17 Apr 2019 at 19:57

Anders, sorry if I sound a bit harsh, but honestly the first subject is too long, I got tired to read it.

And the second subject: "Why do you believe online marketing is complicated?" it's not charming at all. How do you know that your readers think online marketing is complicated? You suppose that they actually think it's complicated, but it may not be the case. So let's say I think online marketing is easy, I won't never open your email.

This is just my opinion, but I hope this helps.

Thanks Paolo.

Honesty is what makes me better.

I think you are right.

I did in a subject:
[Video 60 seconds] Powerful - Get input from people - Create Success!

The plan is to make the email body short and instead show a video recording about a good to have resource.

Let me know what you think Paulo

Posted 17 Apr 2019 at 22:26
James
1332  / 36
453 posts / 156 likes

What autoresponder are you using? That can have a lot to do with delivery.

Posted 17 Apr 2019 at 23:04
John O'Brien
34 posts / 14 likes

Anders, think about this for a moment.

You need to find what your audience is looking for then supply them with a solution to their problem.

If I go to the Hardware Store and buy a shovel. It's not the shovel I want it's the hole it will dig for me.

So the problem is the hole, the solution is the shovel.

Hope that makes sense.

Posted 18 Apr 2019 at 03:14
AndersLarsson
17 posts / 3 likes
John O'Brien on 18 Apr 2019 at 03:14

Anders, think about this for a moment.

You need to find what your audience is looking for then supply them with a solution to their problem.

If I go to the Hardware Store and buy a shovel. It's not the shovel I want it's the hole it will dig for me.

So the problem is the hole, the solution is the shovel.

Hope that makes sense.

Thank you John.

I think my mindset is in that direction.

I want to educate people so they know how to get to the end result. The success. The problem I see however is that people are indoctrinated to believe that money can be made quick and easy.

So how do you really sway them to not reach for the cat gold but educate them to find the real gold.

Posted 18 Apr 2019 at 09:04
AndersLarsson
17 posts / 3 likes
James on 17 Apr 2019 at 23:04

What autoresponder are you using? That can have a lot to do with delivery.

Hi James :)

I'm using GetResponse and I'm planning to switch to AWeber.

Posted 18 Apr 2019 at 09:06
Dylan Voorhagen
1423  / 6
84 posts / 42 likes

Have you checked your emails are not spamboxing? I always add myself to my lists to check if I spambox.

Posted 18 Apr 2019 at 09:49
AndersLarsson
17 posts / 3 likes
Dylan Voorhagen on 18 Apr 2019 at 09:49

Have you checked your emails are not spamboxing? I always add myself to my lists to check if I spambox.

They often do for me but I don't know how much better it will be if I
switch to AWeber. People use GetResponse with their auto responder and I
have not been sending out to thousands of people. I have like 219
people on my list and open rate are like 3% on a good day. Have not done any cleaning yet because it has been like 7 days.
If you think switching will make a huge difference then I will do that ASAP.
What do you think?

Posted 18 Apr 2019 at 14:51
Kujtim Guga
145 posts / 98 likes
AndersLarsson on 17 Apr 2019 at 22:22

I bought it here from vendors that people have recommended to me.

Although all the responses above have some point,they forgot to tell you the truth...

The bitter truth

It's the leads - The leads you got from the traffic you bought are dead...unresponsive.

95% of solo vendors share almost the same list,buy and sell to each other and beat the list to death in order to generate clicks...

In addition to that, they send deceptive swipes like this:

See attach

Yes, that's from solo vendors!

In comparison, below you will see what real,responsive traffic looks like:

See attach

This is from paid traffic,2 months old list of 719 subscribers.

What I would suggest you is to track every solo vendor separately.

Test and stick with those who will give you the best responsive subs...

Good luck

Posted 18 Apr 2019 at 15:13
AndersLarsson
17 posts / 3 likes
Kujtim Guga on 18 Apr 2019 at 15:13

Although all the responses above have some point,they forgot to tell you the truth...

The bitter truth

IT'S THE LEADS - THE LEADS YOU GOT FROM THE TRAFFIC YOU BOUGHT ARE DEAD...UNRESPONSIVE.

95% OF SOLO VENDORS SHARE ALMOST THE SAME LIST,BUY AND SELL TO EACH OTHER AND BEAT THE LIST TO DEATH IN ORDER TO GENERATE CLICKS...

In addition to that, they send deceptive swipes like this:

[20190418151010.png]

YES, THAT'S FROM SOLO VENDORS!

In comparison, below you will see what real,responsive traffic looks like:

[20190418151107.png]

This is from paid traffic,2 months old list of 719 subscribers.

What I would suggest you is to track every solo vendor separately.

Test and stick with those who will give you the best responsive subs...

Good luck

I carefully asked people around what seller the would recommend they have good luck with. No affiliate link sneaked in. The results from those sellers was about the same.

Lots of people report success.

Are the leads from those lists victims to massive promotion campaigns. Sure I belive that.

The titles in the examples are click bait. They come to my landing page and there is no congruence between the steps. The message is entirely different. Why is the sign up rate so high?

I have like 20% opt in and that is still low.

Posted 18 Apr 2019 at 15:32
AndersLarsson
17 posts / 3 likes

BTW I watched a video on youtube mainly GetResponse VS AWeber. I found someone that gave me some input on spam score in GetResponse.

I'm having this: SpamScore is: 1.64 Don't go over 5.00. So I thought I was pretty safe. But that guy said it was high.

So now I did a plain text version. I think it means that the email will reach both html and text based email services. Before I only reached HTML based servers.

Spam score for one email is not less than zero. Lets hope it will make a difference. It it does then I will change the rest of them.

BTW I have a big Cold while I type this so keep that in mind if my text is a bit confusing.

I did a typo:

Spam score for one email is not less than zero

Should be:

Spam score for one email is now less than zero. (I mean I tested this on one email)

Posted 18 Apr 2019 at 15:39
Dylan Voorhagen
1423  / 6
84 posts / 42 likes
AndersLarsson on 18 Apr 2019 at 14:51

They often do for me but I don't know how much better it will be if I
switch to AWeber. People use GetResponse with their auto responder and I
have not been sending out to thousands of people. I have like 219
people on my list and open rate are like 3% on a good day. Have not done any cleaning yet because it has been like 7 days.
If you think switching will make a huge difference then I will do that ASAP.
What do you think?

I can't say that, I also use GR (partly, as I have multiple AR's), sometimes my messages hit the spambox as well. As Kujtim is pointing out a lot of vendors send out that kind of shitty emails, I don't do that, I only send complete legit mails, I don't have a scammy funnel either (which a lot of vendors do too) and even sometimes I spambox - and sometimes I don't. You can test multiple factors, try DKIM/SPF records, watch out for spam related words like free/money etc and test :)

Posted 18 Apr 2019 at 19:28
Paolo
19 posts / 10 likes
AndersLarsson on 17 Apr 2019 at 22:26

Thanks Paolo.

Honesty is what makes me better.

I think you are right.

I did in a subject:
[Video 60 seconds] Powerful - Get input from people - Create Success!

The plan is to make the email body short and instead show a video recording about a good to have resource.

Let me know what you think Paulo

Hi Anders, personally I like this subject more than the ones you posted before.

All the points the others wrote here are also very important. Make sure to select the right sellers (only experience will tell us...), and mostly, make sure your email doesn't look spammy.

Posted 18 Apr 2019 at 19:53
AndersLarsson
17 posts / 3 likes
Dylan Voorhagen on 18 Apr 2019 at 19:28

I can't say that, I also use GR (partly, as I have multiple AR's), sometimes my messages hit the spambox as well. As Kujtim is pointing out a lot of vendors send out that kind of shitty emails, I don't do that, I only send complete legit mails, I don't have a scammy funnel either (which a lot of vendors do too) and even sometimes I spambox - and sometimes I don't. You can test multiple factors, try DKIM/SPF records, watch out for spam related words like free/money etc and test :)

DKIM/SPF is done correctly. I added my own domain with ZOHO and they have a decent wizard that told me what to do.

Those spam related words. I get them from my an online marketer and they don't land in my inbox. I you sure about this? Have you done any testing?

Thanks for you response Demian

Posted 18 Apr 2019 at 20:06
AndersLarsson
17 posts / 3 likes

As I mention I have a Cold and my head isn't 100%

This line:
I get them from my an online marketer and they don't land in my inbox

Should be:
I get them from an online marketer and they don't land in my spam box.

Sorry about that.

Posted 18 Apr 2019 at 20:10
Go up
Go down