Suggestion for Solo Deals

Suggestion for Solo Deals
William McRea
4202  / 15
406 posts / 355 likes

Things are crazy when some people bump their solo deals up to twice per day.

I recommend that Udimi allow a seller one Solo DEAL only and then to not be able to bump until that deal sinks at least 15 spots. It just more fair to everyone.

It used to be like this way...We could not bump until the original deal slipped to number 15. Now that we can open multiple Solo Deals people can have as many as they need.

Several solo sellers have quit buying solo deal because of this.

Just a recommendation. Best of luck everyone.

Posted 22 Aug 2019 at 11:34
Kujtim Guga
145 posts / 98 likes
Uncle Dimitry on 17 Oct 2019 at 12:54

ok, we will add this limit

I don't agree with this one.

Posted 17 Oct 2019 at 13:02
Olivier Thibeault
7 posts / 0 likes

For a new seller like me who thinks to start selling on Udimi, this is good news because if not, where is my luck?

Olivier Thibeault
Posted 17 Oct 2019 at 13:37
Andreas Arvidsson
4174  / 15
48 posts / 18 likes

I have to be honest here, i think this is one of the worst solutions in recent times, this takes us backward, not forward in UDIMI, if you get a bad bump like i did now you are stuck until you fall of page one, this can potantionally mean severeal days without any decent result. This will affect the selling potentioal bigtime for most sellers. I don't like this at all, go forward UDIMI, not backwards!

And for the love of god, don't do the same with the promoted spots as well. I have a really hard time to see the positive sides of this changes... Just my two cents.

Posted 28 Oct 2019 at 23:53
James
1332  / 36
453 posts / 156 likes

Andreas has a point, limiting bumping is not so good for power sellers. Google doesn't "limit" your bid on each keyword lol. Basically no other site "limits" people from buying ads in the name of fairness. Whoever wants the tops spots competes for them with their paid bumps is how things seems to work best, when you are ready for more sales you pay to bump your post. But its up to Udimi.

Posted 28 Oct 2019 at 23:55
Andreas Arvidsson
4174  / 15
48 posts / 18 likes

Thank you James for sharing my thoughts, i think more will realize that this might not be the best ide, it might sound good in theory but the practical part is a whole another thing.

I'm afraid that by locking yourself down like this will only lead to a loss for most sellers if not all in the long run, future results is going to be scarce at some point/days and not be able to do something about it is scaring me.

Posted 29 Oct 2019 at 00:20
James
1332  / 36
453 posts / 156 likes

And the worst part is it doesn't stop the sellers that unfairly have more than one account. So the limit on bumping doesn't do anything at all except cause frustration.

Posted 29 Oct 2019 at 02:12
Patrik Radacic
1997  / 18
62 posts / 39 likes

I am with Andreas and James here. It's like saying to people who pay for ads on tv "no, on this channel you can only show your commercial once, it's more fair to the others".

Now it more than ever boils down to hitting that sweet spot at the right time, or you are outbumped and have to wait for a long period before trying again.

I find this change to be very strange. Might as well remove bump and just start doing a random list :)

Posted 29 Oct 2019 at 11:12
Bill Abbott
187  / 1
104 posts / 33 likes

So now the shoe is on the other foot, the high flyers with loads of money don't like it, surprise surprise. I think this new system is much fairer to us poor mortals who are just trying to get going and it will stop some of us wasting our money, On Sunday two different members each had 3 adverts in the top 15, how can that be right?

Bill Abbott
Posted 29 Oct 2019 at 12:19
Andreas Arvidsson
4174  / 15
48 posts / 18 likes

Bill, I don't think you're getting my point, the same will happen to you and others here, and you will probably change your point of view then. Yes we got the money because we taken action and worked hard to get were we are now, we all started from zero. You got to understand that this is a business plattform in it's foundation and by limiting it's power we are not letting UDIMI to grow either. If you ain't up for it perhaps this is not something for you, because it will cost time and money to grow and get you the reputation you might need to accelerate your business. Again, this is probably not the right thing to do at all.

Posted 29 Oct 2019 at 12:58
Bill Abbott
187  / 1
104 posts / 33 likes

I don't think you are getting my point, I am doing ok mainly because I get more business from my website than Udimi, why? because I work hard also, your right I can't see your point of view because it looks like bumping is only for the few elite buyers who are quite literally monopolising Solo Deals by having 3 deals in the top 15.

Bill Abbott
Posted 29 Oct 2019 at 15:45
Glenn Fedoruk
6953  / 242
200 posts / 71 likes
Andreas Arvidsson on 29 Oct 2019 at 12:58

Bill, I don't think you're getting my point, the same will happen to you and others here, and you will probably change your point of view then. Yes we got the money because we taken action and worked hard to get were we are now, we all started from zero. You got to understand that this is a business plattform in it's foundation and by limiting it's power we are not letting UDIMI to grow either. If you ain't up for it perhaps this is not something for you, because it will cost time and money to grow and get you the reputation you might need to accelerate your business. Again, this is probably not the right thing to do at all.

I completely agree. THERE is cost with any business and why shouldn't a person with success be able to further it

Posted 29 Oct 2019 at 19:50
Andreas Arvidsson
4174  / 15
48 posts / 18 likes

Yes i agree, you will most likely just end up finding yourself more vulnerable with this alternative, you have now limited your option to sell, grow and build your reputation that (all you) would need to succeed here, becaouse that is what's it all about, the better reputation, the more business you will get, and the faster you can build it the more you can sell. I can already see the downside here for my part, my sale numbers have been more then halved under thease days and there is no garantee either that my next bump will be good to make up for the loss, there is simply to many factors that will be in play each time you bump and way to long wait for next opertunity to make it feel comtforble.

Posted 30 Oct 2019 at 00:04
Go up
Go down