Sellers - Please send on the day the solo is booked!

Sellers - Please send on the day the solo is booked!
Christopher Mollo
94 posts / 106 likes

I have recently started to buy some solos again and I am noticing a disturbing trend.

I have had several sellers not sending my solo out on the day it was booked.

I guess a lot of sellers think that because they have 100 hours to deliver all of the clicks that they can send the solo the next day.

This is not a good practice at all. First of all, when a buyer pays good money for a solo, they expect it to start on the day they have booked. Furthermore, a lot of buyers may be buying a solo to get traffic for a launch, giveaway, or other promotional contest. This means that their solo may be TIME SENSITIVE. That means when a buyer books a solo for a certain day, they are expecting it to go out before midnight ON THAT DAY!

As a seller, I certainly understand that issues can arise that are beyond our control. In that case, it only takes a minute to shoot your buyer a message and let them know that you will have to send late, and offer them a refund if they so choose. Most of the time the buyer will not mind, but in some instances they might.

The point is, the seller should be giving the buyer the opportunity to make that choice and not just making that choice for them assuming they won't mind.

I think that Uncle Dimitry should work something in so that if the seller does not start delivering clicks before midnight on the day of the booking, they should be penalized or even have to give a partial refund to the buyer.

I'm mostly a seller, but I think it's very unfair to the buyer to schedule a solo for a certain day and then make them wait one or even two days before you start to deliver their clicks. If you are busy or booked up and you don't think you will be able to deliver the solo properly, then DON'T accept it in the first place!

Posted 11 Aug 2015 at 18:18
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes
Christopher Mollo on 11 Aug 2015 at 18:18

See attach

With all do respect I think this topic has been well covered already here.

https://udimi.com/forum/main/1483-disappointed

Posted 12 Aug 2015 at 03:17
Christopher Mollo
94 posts / 106 likes
Heather Alessandra on 12 Aug 2015 at 03:17

See attach

I don't think it has or else it wouldn't still be happening so much.

Posted 12 Aug 2015 at 04:49
Liz Hall
2325  / 5
339 posts / 161 likes

It really depends on the solo because if your delivering 100 clicks that find but if it 1000 clicks you need to start as soon as possible because time limit on the solo is 100 hours no matter if it 50 clicks or 1000 clicks which is unfair to the sellers

Posted 12 Aug 2015 at 15:27
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes

I personally believe the flexible 90 hours window is very good thing. There are just too many moving parts to this business that can go wrong especially if you have a sizable order flow.

I think having the buyer contact the seller first (alerting them to the time sensitive nature) is the best policy rather then trying to make the Udimi seller policy so tight that many sellers that don't have extensive capabilities will fail.

I have had a number of customers do this and I am more then happy to do my best to accommodate. However, sometimes I can't.

Posted 12 Aug 2015 at 21:27
Blaine Booker
17 posts / 6 likes

I think a penalty in points would work and if it continues start refunding to the buyer as most not all, of these type sellers have bad attitudes to go along with their misleading practices anyway!

Posted 16 Aug 2015 at 11:19
Italia Or Linda Elze
3529  / 1
25 posts / 27 likes

yes this was covered...but some sellers don't read the forum....that is all I ask if it could go out the day scheduled ...if not just pm me...since I book way out...this shouldn't be an issue

Posted 16 Aug 2015 at 13:38
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes
Blaine Booker on 16 Aug 2015 at 11:19

See attach

If you want a penalty then vote with your dollars. Udimi already refunds if a solo is not complete in 90 or so hours.

Look even if you say to hell with Udimi. All the sellers suck there. Go out on Facebook and start buying, I guarantee your overall experience will be WORSE.

Moreover, if you tighten the noose even more there are going to be other unintentional consequences.

For example you will see more sellers stacking an even greater number of solos in a rotator because they know if they don't start sending immediately they are going to get penalized. You are also going to see more sellers leave as they can't meet already difficult expectations.

The bottom line, YOU NEED TO BE YOUR OWN ADVOCATE. If you have expectations beyond the current Udimi terms then YOU need to speak up and let the seller know. If you are disappointed leave a NEGATIVE FEEDBACK and vote with your dollars.

But let's stop trying to be BIG GOVERNMENT here by trying to fix every issue with additional laws/rules. Let's all learn to use what we currently have more effectively.

Posted 16 Aug 2015 at 16:11
Liz Hall
2325  / 5
339 posts / 161 likes
Heather Alessandra on 16 Aug 2015 at 16:11

See attach

you got it

Posted 16 Aug 2015 at 16:14
Blaine Booker
17 posts / 6 likes

Heather, Your probably right when you say if you tighten the noose even more there are going to be other unintentional consequences and I'm not saying hell with Udimi, Otherwise I wouldn't still be here! I'm saying is I've had experiences when buying from certain sellers and because they sent the solo late with no advanced warning, created problems that didn't have to be! Some were big problems too and so, somehow, they need to take responsibility for that especially if it happens more than once, Partial refunds are a good when this happens but still not enough! Hey some of us do send on time and communicate too, as I'm sure you know! Good Ethics go a long way! That's all I'm saying!

Posted 16 Aug 2015 at 16:48
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes
Blaine Booker on 16 Aug 2015 at 16:48

See attach

I have sold 1000's of solos over the years and I can tell you that 95% of those orders are non time sensitive or at least will be fine if completed within 90 hours.

If Uncle D wants to create some type of RUSH/GUARANTEED 24 hour service beyond the initial Udimi TOS then fine but there needs to be a PREMIUM associated with it for taking that kind of additional risk.

Or you need to learn to speak up and make a seller aware of your demands that are outside of 95% of all solos sold and are on the outside of the current Udimi TOS.

Personally, I am not going to stick around here if the fulfillment window changes anymore. That is my break point.

Posted 16 Aug 2015 at 20:30
Liz Hall
2325  / 5
339 posts / 161 likes
Heather Alessandra on 16 Aug 2015 at 20:30

See attach

that does not sound good we are not robot's

Posted 16 Aug 2015 at 20:36
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes

I am talking about an additional PREMIUM service that sellers could choose to sell if they want. In order to better meet the needs of some buyers that have EXTREMELY time critical solos.

The terms for the new service would be simple. Solo is GUARANTEED to start and be completed in 24 hours from start date. If not completed then buyer would automatically get a partial refund for what is not completed.

At .70 cents a click I would gladly guarantee this and make avail segments which normally I do not use in my solo business.

Posted 16 Aug 2015 at 21:00
Christopher Mollo
94 posts / 106 likes

Wow. I didn't mean to start a big argument when I started this thread. All I was saying is that sellers should start the solo on the day it is booked. I never said they had to finish the solo is less than the allotted time frame, just that clicks should start to be delivered on the day of the booking.

Posted 16 Aug 2015 at 22:43
Heather Alessandra
1696  / 1
239 posts / 246 likes
Christopher Mollo on 16 Aug 2015 at 22:43

See attach

I don't think you started an argument. I think you actually stimulated more discussion on a topic that is important people, which is good thing ;)

It actually made me think it about it some more too and possibly how Udimi could make everyone happy and actually provide an enhanced service.

It's what the forum is here for.

Posted 16 Aug 2015 at 23:12
Simon Haywood
4 posts / 4 likes

I have noticed being in Australia this may be time stamped to the US, which means my days will be out 12 hrs, but if I order on any day I expect my order to be delivered that day. That is good business practice, I dont order my macdonalds and get it 3 days later no. So why should we fork over money expecting a particular day for our solos to run and then not have it that day. Well Im new here and if this effects me or my guys I wont be Back. Not saying we are on a time frame at all if any. Just expect professionalism from someone you are paying for a service is not much to ask. I have noticed some here getting irate because they wait 4 days for their solos to begin. If I ever get that once Id never be back to that solo. Oh and paying more for our solos to be delivered on the same day is just rediculous. The schedule is there so both seller and buyer knows what day it is to be expected. If you cant deliver this service to customers maybe its time to seek other employment.

Posted 17 Aug 2015 at 11:28
Blaine Booker
17 posts / 6 likes

Heather, again I'm not saying solo needs to be completed in 24 hours, I'm saying the same thing as Chris, Solo should be sent out within 24 hrs of the date agreed on by both Seller and Buyer! I'm not trying to be big Government, You have misinterpreted my remark because you took it out of context!

Posted 17 Aug 2015 at 13:08
Liz Hall
2325  / 5
339 posts / 161 likes
Blaine Booker on 17 Aug 2015 at 13:08

See attach

i start my solo's as soon as calender open up if the seller can't they new to message the buyer asap explain

Posted 17 Aug 2015 at 13:44
Blaine Booker
17 posts / 6 likes

Liz, your one of the Best sellers here, Kudos!

Posted 17 Aug 2015 at 14:37
Christopher Mollo
94 posts / 106 likes

So I ordered a solo to go out on Sunday. Here we are Tuesday afternoon and so far no clicks have been delivered and there has been no communication from the seller. This is exactly what I am talking about. I'm a seller as well as a buyer and I can honestly say this is not right. It's also very frustrating and very disappointing.

Posted 24 Aug 2015 at 17:54
Italia Or Linda Elze
3529  / 1
25 posts / 27 likes

sooo true

Posted 24 Aug 2015 at 17:56
Go up
Go down