How to use the Affiliates Emails Export feature and Facebook Ads
At Udimi, we do our best to help our partners use all the tools and data to improve the effectiveness of their advertising campaigns and increase their revenues. One of our latest features allows you to export your referral list in CSV format.
What can you do with this information?
In this article, we decided to show you two ways how you can use your Referral list and Facebook ads to find similar users, and how you can use retargeting to remind your audience of your services or products.
If you have not used Facebook Ads yet, go to Step 0. If you already have Facebook Ads Manager, go to Step 1.
Step 0. Creating a Business Manager and Ad account
Make sure you have a personal Facebook account to verify your identity and create a Business Manager.
- Go to business.facebook.com/overview
- Click Create an account
- Enter your company name, your name and business email address. Make sure it is accurate
- Click Submit.
After that, you will need to create an Ad account.
Follow these steps to add an ad account to Business Manager:
- Go to Business Settings
- Click ‘Accounts’ in the menu on the left. Then click ‘Ad Accounts’
- Click the blue ‘Add’ drop-down menu
- Choose one of three options: ‘Add an Ad Account’, ‘Request Access to an Ad Account’, or ‘Create a new Ad Account’
- If you choose to request access or add an ad account, enter your ad account ID
- Follow the prompts to select people and access levels.
Learn more about creating an Ad Account here.
Step 1. Creating a Custom Audience
After downloading your CSV file from the Udimi.com website, you can upload it to Facebook and create your custom audience.
However, keep in mind that you need a list of at least 100 people from the same country to use it. Therefore, we recommend uploading CSV or TXT files with more than 100 email addresses (or phone numbers, addresses).
To create a Custom Audience, go to your Ad Manager.
- Once logged into your account, go directly to Audiences, then select Create Audience > Custom Audience > Customer List.
- Prepare your client list: Select the IDs to include, then add the customer list you want to use for your new Custom Audience and give it a name.
- Review your customer list: Confirm that you have matched your IDs correctly, or ensure that any errors have been corrected. You will receive one of the following notifications:
A green check mark means your IDs have been matched correctly and are ready to be hashed and then used in the matching process.
A yellow exclamation mark means that either you have chosen not to include certain identifiers, or some identifiers need to be updated manually. You are more likely to get a better match rate to build your audience if you make corrections before uploading the file.
Upload your client list. When your list is added and ready to use, select Upload and Create.
Step 2. Create a Lookalike Audience
After you upload the list and create a Custom Audience, you can use it to find users similar to those on your list. This feature is called a Lookalike audience.
To create a Lookalike audience:
- Go to your Audiences. (You can also create a Lookalike Audience while creating your ad in Ads Manager.)
- Select the ‘Create Audience’ dropdown and choose ‘Lookalike Audience’
- Choose your source. (Custom Audience that we just created)
- Select the country/countries where you want to find a similar set of people
- Select your desired audience size using the slide.
- Choose Create Audience
How else can you use your list?
An alternative way to use the Custom Audience feature is to serve ads
audiences from your list or Retargeting/Remarketing. To do this:
- Create an ad set
- In the Audience section of ad set creation, click the Custom Audiences field
- In the Audience section, when creating an ad set, click the Custom Audiences field.
- Select the Custom Audiences and/or Lookalike Audiences you want to use.
According to Facebook, you can combine multiple Custom Audiences and/or Lookalike Audiences to refine your targeting.